Dog friendly family holiday house sleeping 20 with a tennis court and fishing, for special occasions in the Highlands
Holiday Rental for Groups of Families and Friends. Dalmigavie, Tomatin, Inverness-shire, Scotland, sleeps 6 - 20 in 10 bedrooms.
Dalmigavie offers a spectacular setting for a holiday or get together with friends, with numerous activities and games in the house and on the surrounding estate, plus attractions aplenty within easy reach.
Situated beside the river Findhorn, Dalmigavie sleeps 10 to 20 people. The house features a large sitting room and library, each with open fires, a dining room, kitchen with Aga and twin dishwashers, cloakroom, utility room and a drying room. There are 8 bedrooms in the main house, with a further 2 bedrooms in the adjacent annex - an ideal set-up for multi-generational groups.
Dalmigavie house is surrounded by 6,000 acres of its own wild mountains and moorland….. woodland, rushing streams, and 4 miles of the Findhorn river:
• Abundant wildlife, red deer, roe deer, wild goats, elusive pine martens, wildcats and otters
• Birds of prey, from the tiny Merlin to the huge Sea Eagle, almost every British bird of prey can be seen at Dalmigavie
• In spring and summer, nesting curlews, lapwing, oyster-catchers and many other birds
• Clay pigeon shooting
• Trout fishing on a small stocked lochan
• Walking, with 9 miles of tracks through the estate
• A remote mountain hut, 2.5 hours walk away
• The option of a day at Dalmigavie exploring the habitat of the Highlands with a naturalist
• 6 mountain bikes for use by guests
• A new tennis court
• A croquet lawn (not the finest!)
• And remoteness and solitude
Salmon fishing on the river Findhorn and deer stalking may be available by separate arrangement.
In the surrounding area, all within an hour’s drive:
• Many golf courses, from championship courses at Castle Stuart and Nairn to the delightful 9 hole course at Carrbridge, only 20 minutes away
• Aviemore and the Cairngorm Mountains National Park
• Inverness and Loch Ness (+/- monster…)
• Sandy beaches along the Moray Firth Coast
• Dolphin watching boat trips in the Moray Firth itself
• Centuries of Highland history at Cawdor Castle, Fort George, Culloden battlefield
• Tomatin whisky distillery, Speyside whisky tours
• The Landmark Centre at Carrbridge, beloved by all children
• Craggan Outdoor visitor centre at Grantown-on-Spey