Outdoor centre and accessible cottage sleeping up to 69 for family activity holidays and get togethers near Ironbridge
Outdoor activity centre for youth, corporate and other groups
Edgmond Hall and Cottage provide a great venue for family and friends groups, celebrations, big birthdays, walking, cycling and golfing groups, as well as schools, faith and youth groups. Groups enjoy exclusive use of the main centre.
Sleeps 12 to 69:
- The farm house sleeps 57
- The cottage sleeps 12
Edgmond Hall is a beautiful Georgian country farm house in extensive grounds. An adjacent cottage (wheelchair accessible) with 4 bedrooms can be used in addition to the main centre, or as a separate facility.
The main centre, with 4 large dormitories, and 3 smaller "staff" bedrooms, retains a warm character and homeliness. A floodlit playing field, 2 pavilions, picnic tables, gardens, woods and a camp fire circle provide a wonderful environment for sharing outdoor time together. Led activities and catering can be provided on request.
- 50 student beds in the main house
- 7 "staff" beds, close to dormitories for easy night-time supervision
- Large dining room
- Fully catered or self catered options available using our professional kitchen
- Converted courtyard barns which include a spacious classroom, games room and kit store
- Multi-use rooms including projectors, TV and DVD
- Extensive grounds with outdoor pavilions, a floodlit playing field, picnic tables, orienteering courses, adventure play areas, small animals, a campfire area and space for shelter building
- Cottage with its own private garden. Accommodation provides 4 bedrooms, with a bathroom, wet room, lounge/dining room and fully equipped kitchen. The cottage is designed to be wheelchair accessible
Edgmond village has a pub serving food, a general store/post office and a garage. The market town of Newport is a 5 minute drive away, or can be reached on a pleasant path across fields in 40 minutes, and has supermarkets, chemists, doctors and a wide choice of eating places and takeaways.
Telford and Ironbridge World Heritage Site with its museums are close by. The Shropshire hills, Shrewsbury and Stafford are within easy reach for a day's outing. There are excellent cycling roads, walking and golf in the area.