Affordable bunkbarn sleeping 25 for D of E and educational trips with access to outdoor activities and Wimbleball Lake
Holiday Rental for Groups of Families and Friends. Exmoor Bunkbarn, Bridgetown, Exmoor, Devon, sleeps 3 - 25 in 3 bedrooms.
Exmoor Bunkbarn is a comfortable, well equipped self catering base for groups exploring the Exmoor National Park. It is conveniently located close to the footpath network and the open moorland, ideal for Duke of Edinburgh expeditions.
Only 10 mins drive from Wimbleball Lake, one of the largest inland water bodies in the south west, which offers numerous water based activities such as kayaking, paddle boarding, windsurfing and sailing as well as a high ropes course and climbing walls. The lake also offers a 1000m and 2000m rowing course, perfect for winter rowing camps and training.
The bunkbarn facilities include the following:
– 3 bunkrooms – sleeping 14, 8 and 3 people – max 25 ( For extra leaders – one bed holiday cottage within walking distance – ask for details)
– Comfortable mattresses provided, guests need to bring sleeping bags and pillows
– In summer months additional camping available by arrangement, for up to 60 children (you can accommodate teachers/leaders in the bunkbarn while the children camp in the field)
– We also offer the use of the adjacent cattle barn in summer for camping groups to cook and dine in case of extreme weather
– Well equipped kitchen/dining area where all 25 can sit together, large electric cooker/oven, fridges
– Central heating and hot water provided by our biomass boiler – included in the price
– Large, very warm drying room with dehumidifier
– WiFi (password given to leaders)
– Outside – large barrel BBQ and seating area plus a small field for games and a fire pit with log seating for campfire nights and enjoying the Dark Skies of Exmoor National Park. Logs supplied free of charge. BYO marshmallows
– Large area for parking
Our local outside caterers offer to come and cook hearty hot meals and provide packed lunches as well – helping to ease time constraints on busy teachers and leaders.
Evening activities can be arranged on site by arrangement with local outdoor activity providers such as Exmoor Adventures.