Large outdoor activity centre bunkhouses near Coniston Water sleeping up to 50 with activities for adventure holidays
Holiday Rental for Groups of Families and Friends. Low Bank Ground Activity Centre, Coniston, Lake District, sleeps 12 - 50 in 14 bedrooms.
Highfield sleeps 43 which includes a specialist accessible hygiene suite.
Rough Close sleeps 16 in 4 rooms.
You can book either or both buildings depending on your group size but please be aware our overall site capacity is 50 guests.
Low Bank Ground is an outdoor activity centre near Coniston Water. We accommodate schools, youth groups, independent groups and families.
Once a stone-walled Cumbrian farm, the 4 buildings have been restored to create a well situated outdoor centre which has beautiful grounds boasting a variety of tree and plant life. The centre is just two short fields from the waters edge where we have a fully equipped boat house and jetty.
Low Bank Ground is comprised of 4 main buildings. Two of the buildings, Highfield and Rough Close, provide self-contained accommodation, alongside a separate building (Low Bank House) which hosts the dining facilities for catered breaks. The 4th building is Yew Tree Lodge that provides additional changing facilities and informal indoor activity space for evening activities.
Our packages include:
- Tailored residential stays for schools, colleges, and youth groups - we have a fantastic track record in providing safe outdoor education for young people. By using real life settings, young people can develop knowledge and understanding in both a stimulating and challenging environment
- Private hire for independent groups on a catered or self-catered basis e.g. sports clubs, corporate team-building, large family gatherings, birthdays
- Training and activity courses for adults, corporate groups and family groups
We offer a range of land and water-based activities, coaching and courses for people of all abilities delivered by our fully qualified and friendly instructors. Some of our activities include:
- Hill walking
- Rock climbing and scrambling
- Raft building
- Ghyll scrambling (climbing waterfalls and jumping into pools of water)
- Stand Up Paddle boarding (SUP)
- Bushcraft and den building
- Archery and axe throwing