Comfortable family holiday house near Masham sleeping 12 and dog friendly, for weekend get togethers and special occasions
Holiday Rental for Groups of Families and Friends. The Old Fever Hospital, Masham, Yorkshire, sleeps 5 - 12 in 5 bedrooms.
The Old Fever Hospital is a large holiday house near Masham, a relaxing space to stay, with a nature reserve literally on your doorstep and Masham a short walk across fields (public footpath - 10/15 minute walk) or a 2-3 minute drive.
This is a house with plenty of history! A former isolation hospital now converted to a characterful holiday house. Guests enjoy the large kitchen, with old range (sadly not working, but adds to the ambience). The hub of the home, with large breakfast bar to gather and cook, and a rustic table for meals, board games and conversation. We're big fans of cooking with family and friends, so the kitchen is well equipped with most mod cons.
There are 5 bedrooms, 4 are en suite:
1. Big room, king sized bed, with space for additional z bed (en suite bathroom with bath and shower)
2. Double room with space for travel cot (en suite shower room)
3. 'Harry Potter' room with professional hand painted mural. Zip and link beds (king size or twin - please let us know which you'd prefer). A third bed can be added if needed.... (en suite bathroom - bath with shower over)
4. Double, with pallet-wood feature wall (en suite bathroom - bath with shower over)
5. Double bed plus a single high bunk. Moroccan/Bohemian style decor. This room is not en suite. Again, room for further z bed if required.
The house is set in a garden of 1/3 of an acre. At the front there's seating near a brick built barbecue, and the back of the house has a further garden area, overlooked from the big bifold doors in the kitchen and lounge so you can cook and keep a check on the kids... Please note, there is an unfenced stream at the end of the back garden.
The house has been a huge renovation project and has retained plenty of quirks. It will be an ongoing project, and by staying you help to contribute to further improvements (have a look on Facebook if you'd like to see what we're up to or even help choose what comes next!). Guests so far have been incredibly complimentary but please don't expect perfection - groups who are a good fit will be looking for character, nature and perhaps the odd board game!
Hot tub can be ordered in - please enquire.