Holiday Rental for Groups of Families and Friends.
Pie Pasquie, Lot-et-Garonne, South West France, sleeps 8-10 in 5 bedrooms.
Week long bookings only. Pie Pasquie is a beautiful house sleeping 10 (plus 2 sofa beds) dating from the 16th Century and once used as a Hunting Lodge - King Henri IV reputedly stayed there, and the stone fireplace in his bedroom carries his crest.
Pie Pasquie has been sympathetically restored for 21st century living, and boasts all mod cons. Not, however, at the expense of wonderful historic features, including a semi circular stone staircase, original stone sinks and the huge stone fireplace.
Pie Pasquie is set in a large fenced 1 acre garden (secure for children and dogs), with mature trees, including a magnificent cedar tree over 150 yrs old and an old covered stone well. Within the garden, and separately fenced, is a kidney shaped heated pool with adjoining heated spa - enjoyed by everyone from babies to great grand parents! Sun loungers are provided.
Overlooking the pool is a covered eating area with a barbecue, fridge and plenty of seating for all to dine together. We are told that this dining area, which allows adults to relax in the shade whilst watching the children playing in the pool and spa area, is the number one reason that families with young children and fun loving teenagers choose to re-book Pie Pasquie.
Or perhaps it's also the visiting beauty therapist, who offers relaxing on site treatments.
Groups of adults also find Pie Pasquie a wonderful party pad.
There is so much to do in the area:
- huge lake in Vares for fishing, 5 minutes away, or the Rivers Lot and Garonne within 15 minutes for very big fish!
- huge thermal spa at Castlejaloux ,15 minutes, where there is also a big lake with a sandy beach, pedalos and waterslides, tow line skiing, and an inflatable assault course loved by all
- Fillhole park in Marmande with football, cycling and skateboarding, plus a beach with water sports and café
- Walabi theme park and the Magic Cauldron with goat milking and cheese making
- visits to local chateaux and wine tasting
- tennis court 10 minutes
- championship golf course 20 minutes, 9 hole golf course 10 minutes.
All bed linen and house towels included in price.
Pool heating included July/Aug. At other times, £100/wk.
Peak season bookings are Sat - Sat, other times more flexibility, please enquire.
20% deposit payable to secure booking.
£350 refundable damage deposit required, payable with balance.