Holiday Rental for Groups of Families and Friends.
The Song House, Falcarragh, Co Donegal, West Ireland, sleeps 10-14 in 5 bedrooms.
The Song House, which sleeps 14 people, is situated on the Wild Atlantic Way in County Donegal, surrounded by stunning beaches and mountains. The house has all the character of an old cottage, though with a large kitchen and sitting/games room.
The Song House offers a fabulous setting with much for any group to enjoy in the area; the house is close to extensive beaches, The Derryveagh mountain range, hiking and biking routes, surfing beaches, golf, kayaking, climbing, as well as fascinating off shore islands. It is situated within the Gaeltacht area of Donegal, where Irish is spoken as a first language. There is a fantastic music scene within the area, as well as many local festivals, cultural and social events. The whole area is steeped in history, archaeology and mythology, and is stunningly beautiful.
The house has recently been renovated to high environmental standards, including an air-sourced heating system and triple-glazed windows making it warm and cosy even in the Donegal winters.
We are environmentally conscious people and aim to keep the Song House's carbon footprint down, and so would like you to respect the environment while you relax in this beautiful part of the world.
Original art and photographs hang on the walls, with lots of books in the bookcases. All bedrooms are simply but aesthetically furnished, with spectacular views over Muckish mountain. Surrounded by an organic garden, with plentiful herbs and soft fruits in season, visitors can also make use of the fire pit on the terrace, an experience not to be missed on a clear moonlit evening, with views out to the mountain.
The Song House is a perfect place to get a way from it all.
The Song House has an interesting history. Formerly called the Poet's House, it welcomed poets from all over Ireland, US and UK. It is now a house full of song, as the present owner uses it part of the year for singing workshops, retreats and singing holidays.
The Song House can also be used as a residential and retreat centre. If this interests you, please contact the owner to find out more.
25% non-refundable deposit required to secure your booking. Remaining 75% fee will be due 6 weeks before your arrival date. What is included in the price? All linen, towels, logs and peat. Arrival time: 3pm. Departure times: normally 11am, but for 2-3 day weekend breaks, we can be flexible.
April 2019 Late Deals
Friday 19th - Monday 22nd April we are offering the entire property at the special rate of €680. Contact us now to book!