Large historic family holiday houses sleeping 28 near Staithes on the North Yorkshire Heritage Coast
Holiday Rental for Groups of Families and Friends. Seaton Hall, Staithes, Saltburn by the Sea, North Yorkshire, sleeps 2 - 28 in 14 bedrooms.
Sleeps 4 to 28 in 5 courtyard properties:
Seton Mote sleeps 10
Seaton Court sleeps 6
Sir Francis Bigods Cottage sleeps 4
Seaton Cottage sleeps 4
Lady de Seton's sleeps 4
Available individually or hired together as adjoining cottages (no internal connecting doorways)
Seaton Court - sleeps 6 in 3 en suite bedrooms - one of which is at ground floor level. Kitchen, dining and sitting room in Great Hall. Access to outdoor terrace and grounds.
Sir Francis Bigods Cottage, formerly the early Tudor domestic service cottage - now 2 en suite bedrooms, large kitchen and sitting room. Access to outdoor terrace and grounds.
Seaton Cottage - 2 en suite bedrooms - one at ground floor level. Large sitting room with kitchen off - access to terrace and grounds.
Seton Mote - 5 bedrooms - 2 at ground floor, 3 with bathrooms and no showers at first floor with some restricted headroom. Access to courtyard garden.
Lady de Seton's - 2 plus 2 - en suite (jack & jill) ground floor master bedroom and plus 2 bedroom above sharing jack and jill ground floor bathroom. Grand vaulted sitting room and kitchen - south facing outdoor terrace at head of adjoining moat.
All cottages have ample on site parking.
We operate an indoor and garden cafe and tea room Friday to Sunday with garden and take away service Mon to Wed. Indoor and evening eating can be booked.
There is an antiques centre, grounds open to our residents, and indoor and garden sales market on site and away from the residential accommodation.
Staithes harbourside and cliff top walks are a 20 minute walk. Whitby is 9 miles and Saltburn 9.
Seaton Hall is a former Norman Hunting Lodge built around 1130 for the de Brus family. In 1139 it became the seat of the de Seaton family until 1306. Sir Christopher de Seaton married Lady Christian de Brus, sister of Robert the Bruce.
Ownership then passed to the family of de Mauley and by descent to Sir John Bigod who rebuilt the site in 1483. His son Sir Francis Bigod was born here in 1507, and led Bigod's rebellion against Henry the 8th and was a leader of the Pilgrimage of Grace. He was beheaded in 1537. His brother Ralph lived at Seaton until 1547.