From big self-catering cottages in Northumbria to holiday farmhouses in County Durham and beautiful Yorkshire holiday houses we have a fantastic range of cottages in the North East of England for large families and group holidays.
Every one of our large holiday homes sleeps 10+, ideal for big family gatherings, reunions and group breaks in the North East including large cottages in Northumberland, County Durham, Yorkshire, Humberside, Tyne and Wear, and Teesside.
From the wild and scenic coastline of Northumbria with its many sandy beaches to the historic cathedral city of Durham, the North East is packed with enough family attractions to keep everyone busy. Explore Northumberland National Park; enjoy outdoor activities in the Cheviot Hills; visit medieval Alnwick Castle and stately gardens such as Cragside Estate and Howick Hall & Gardens; and enjoy the north east's spectacular coastline including Bamburgh Castle, Holy Island, and the Farne Islands with their resident colonies of puffins and grey seals.
- Clay Pigeon Shooting (72) Apply Clay Pigeon Shooting filter
- Canoeing (71) Apply Canoeing filter
- Walking Holidays (70) Apply Walking Holidays filter
- Pony Trekking (66) Apply Pony Trekking filter
- Team Building (66) Apply Team Building filter
- Hot Tub (63) Apply Hot Tub filter
- Tennis Court (63) Apply Tennis Court filter
- Boating (61) Apply Boating filter
- Fly Fishing (61) Apply Fly Fishing filter
- Coarse Fishing (58) Apply Coarse Fishing filter
- Sailing (50) Apply Sailing filter
- Wellness Retreat (48) Apply Wellness Retreat filter
- Climbing (47) Apply Climbing filter
- Sea Fishing (46) Apply Sea Fishing filter
- Play Barn (43) Apply Play Barn filter
- Paint Balling (42) Apply Paint Balling filter
- Archery (41) Apply Archery filter
- Spa Holidays (41) Apply Spa Holidays filter
- Badminton Court (35) Apply Badminton Court filter
- Windsurfing (35) Apply Windsurfing filter
- 4x4 Off Road driving (34) Apply 4x4 Off Road driving filter
- Fossil Hunting (33) Apply Fossil Hunting filter
- Abseiling and rock climbing (32) Apply Abseiling and rock climbing filter
- Quad Biking (31) Apply Quad Biking filter
- Sauna (30) Apply Sauna filter
- Karting (29) Apply Karting filter
- Surfing (29) Apply Surfing filter
- Caving (28) Apply Caving filter
- Coasteering (25) Apply Coasteering filter
- Gliding (25) Apply Gliding filter
- Murder Mystery (23) Apply Murder Mystery filter
- Mountain Biking (21) Apply Mountain Biking filter
- Golf (19) Apply Golf filter
- Water Skiing (19) Apply Water Skiing filter
- Assault Course (16) Apply Assault Course filter
- Hot Air Ballooning (16) Apply Hot Air Ballooning filter
- Croquet (14) Apply Croquet filter
- Motor Sport (14) Apply Motor Sport filter
- Parachuting (9) Apply Parachuting filter
- Cliff Jumping (8) Apply Cliff Jumping filter
- Scuba Diving (7) Apply Scuba Diving filter
- Mountain Boarding (3) Apply Mountain Boarding filter
- Snow Skiing (2) Apply Snow Skiing filter
- Grass Sledging (1) Apply Grass Sledging filter
- Apartments (13) Apply Apartments filter
- Bed and Breakfasts (0) Apply Bed and Breakfasts filter
- Bunkhouses (17) Apply Bunkhouses filter
- Castles and Chateaux (0) Apply Castles and Chateaux filter
- Country Estates (0) Apply Country Estates filter
- Gites (0) Apply Gites filter
- Glamping and Alternative (5) Apply Glamping and Alternative filter
- Groups of Cottages (39) Apply Groups of Cottages filter
- Hostels (7) Apply Hostels filter
- Hotels (0) Apply Hotels filter
- Houses (99) Apply Houses filter
- Lodges and Cabins (8) Apply Lodges and Cabins filter
- Outdoor Centres (3) Apply Outdoor Centres filter
- Rent a Village (0) Apply Rent a Village filter
- Skiing Chalets (0) Apply Skiing Chalets filter
- University Rooms (4) Apply University Rooms filter
- Villas (0) Apply Villas filter
- Northern Ireland
- Auvergne Rhone Alps France
- Aquitaine Dordogne Limousin Poitou Charentes France
- Brittany France
- Ile-de-France France
- Corsica France
- Provence Alpes Cote d'Azur France
- Languedoc Roussillon Midi Pyrenees France
- Pays de la Loire France
- Normandy France
- Alsace Champagne Ardenne Lorraine France
- Bourgogne Franche-Comte France
- Nord Pas-de-Calais Picardie France
- Centre Val de Loire France
- Andalucia Spain
- Canary Islands Spain
- Central Spain - Madrid Extremadura Castilla la Mancha Valencia Murcia Spain
- North East Spain - Basque Country La Rioja Navarra Catalonia Aragon Spain
- North West Spain - Galicia Asturias Cantabria Castilla y Leon Spain
- The Balearic Islands - Majorca Menorca Ibiza Formentera Spain
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of the World
Holiday Cottages in Northumbria, Yorkshire & the North East from Group Accommodation
When you think of holiday cottages in Northumberland, County Durham and other areas of the North East, you might imagine Northumbria coastal holiday cottages, with sea views; big self-catering farmhouses in County Durham; or townhouses in the city of Durham or Newcastle.
At Group Accommodation, we work hard to fulfil these dreams, and as a specialist group holiday company we are dedicated to bringing you the best large holiday homes.
Deciding Where to Stay in Northumbria or the North East
It's tough deciding where to go in the North East, with such a fabulous choice of attractions and an endless choice of spacious group accommodation.
Rent a holiday home in the North East and discover the region's many attractions. Rent a large coastal holiday cottage in Northumberland, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and you might even spot a few visiting grey seals. You will have a wealth of market towns, pretty villages, imposing castles and lovely beaches right on your doorstep. Stay in a large holiday home near Alnmouth, a picturesque village with a gorgeous sandy beach; hire a big holiday rental near Alnwick, a characterful market town with a magnificent castle and gardens; or stay in group accommodation in Amble-by-the-Sea, Craster, Embleton or Newton-by-the-Sea.
Rent a large holiday home in County Durham and you can visit Auckland Castle; Beamish Museum; Binchester Roman Fort; Durham Cathedral and Castle, a World Heritage Site; Durham Dales; Hamsterley Forest; Hardwick Hall Country Park; railways such as Tanfield and Weardale; andthe High Force and Low Force waterfalls on the River Tees.
Stay in group holiday accommodation in Tyne and Wear and you can enjoy visits to Newcastle upon Tyne and its many tourist attractions; Gateshead and the massive MetroCentre for shopping trips and entertainment; the Segedunum Roman Fort & Museum, St Mary's Island bird reserve and Tynemouth Castle in North Tyneside; and Bede's World, the Arbeia Roman Fort & Museum, and Marsden Rock bird reserve in South Tyneside.
Rent one of our large holiday homes in Teesside and you can visit the Middlesbrough Institute of Modern Art, the century-old Dorman Memorial Museum and the Captain Cook Birthplace Museum in Middlesborough; the market town of Stockton-on-Tees; and the seaside resort of Redcar.
We try to make it easier for you to decide where to stay by providing detailed property descriptions and images for every holiday home in the North East, alongside a list of activities available nearby.
Our large group holiday cottages in the North East are scattered right across the region's counties, so you can find large holiday properties in Northumberland, County Durham, Tyne and Wear, and Teesside.
By using our map functionality, whether you're planning a short weekend group break, a big reunion, or a full week's holiday, you can quickly narrow down your search to the specific part of the North East that appeals to you most.
Choose Holiday Cottages in Northumberland & the North East
We have an unrivalled selection of large group accommodation, so you can be confident that we have a large holiday home to suit your specific needs. Our impressive portfolio features large holiday cottages in Northumbria and the rest of the North east, as well as other types of accommodation such as country houses, luxury barn conversions, camping barns and bunkhouses.
Looking for a Holiday Cottage in the North East to Sleep 10+? We Can Help
Finding group accommodation does not need to be stressful. We take all of the hassle out of booking accommodation for large groups by providing an easy-to-use website that brings together the very best large holiday homes in Northumbria and other parts of the North East for you to choose from according to your own set of criteria.