Holiday Rental for Groups of Families and Friends.
The Old School House, North Yorkshire, England, sleeps 42 in 9 bedrooms.
Situated in the North Yorkshire Moors National Park, 6 miles from Whitby, Robin Hood's Bay is described as the jewel in the crown of the Yorkshire coast. The Old School House has been used as a venue for school trips since 1984.
For Primary Schools:
• A wide variety of outdoor activities on our doorstep
• Traffic free walks using the beach, Cleveland Way and disused Whitby to Scarborough railway track
• Rocky scars make an ideal site for rock-pooling
• Beach is home to several varieties of fossils
• Village trails showing the history of this unique fishing village
• Easily accessible to Whitby and the National Park Visitor Centre at Danby.
National Park Rangers or staff from the National Trust Centre in the village can be used to assist with any of the above activities. We also have contact details for other local people who offer a range of daytime and evening activities eg smuggling talks and magic lantern shows.
Slightly further afield are Eden Camp and Pickering Castle in Pickering, Sea Life Centre in Scarborough, Historic Quay in Hartlepool and the North Yorkshire Moors Steam Railway between Grosmont and Pickering.
For Secondary Schools:
• Geography field trips are ideal because of the proximity of the Coast and North Yorkshire Moors
• Study Skills weekends
• Maths workshops
• Creative writing
• Art trips
We offer full-board accommodation consisting of cooked breakfast, packed lunch and three course evening meal. Teachers have access to a separate kitchen for hot drinks. Access to Broadband can be arranged for schools bringing their own laptops.
Self-catering £385 per night (min 2 nights -discount for 3+ nights)
B&B: adult:£20; 7-14: £15.50; under7: £7.50
full board: from £18.50+vat
Primary: £18.50+vat low season & £23+vat high season.
Secondary: £19.25+vat & £24+vat
All full-board per person per night. 1 leader free for every 10 paying.
No Agency Fees. All your dealings are direct with the owners.