Holiday Rental for Groups of Families and Friends.
Greta Hall, Keswick, Cumbria, Lake District, sleeps 20 in 10 bedrooms.
Greta Hall is a stunning Georgian house that has inspired writing, philosophical thinking and creativity for over 200 years and continues to do so. Famous visitors include: the Wordsworth's, Byron, Keats, Shelley and more recently Steve Coogan, Rob Bryon, Sir John Hurt and Lorraine Pascal. We have been a venue for The Trip, Antiques Roadshow, My Kitchen Rules, Good Housekeeping and Hello magazine.
Greta Hall offers something for everyone from special occasions and celebrations, families taking time together, reunions, university groups or poets, writers and artists seeking inspiration to individuals or couples seeking quiet time away. Surrounded by 3 acres of gardens, Greta Hall offers unexpected seclusion in the heart of Keswick in the Lake District.
Until June 2017 the 3 separate 'wings' can be rented individually or together:
- The Coach House (CH) sleeps 11 in 5 bedrooms: 2 double en suites, 1 double, 1 triple and a small gallery twin, huge living room with kitchen, dining for 12, sitting area with wood-burning stove, family bathroom, utility and understair loo
- The Coleridge Wing (CW) sleeps 6 - 3 bedrooms: 2 doubles and a 1 twin. Beautiful sitting room with dining area for 8, kitchen, bathroom w/shower, extra loo and utility area
- The Old Wash House (OWH) sleeps 2 - 1 double. The original laundry now with kitchen, sitting and dining area, utility and shower room
Available from June 2017:
- Southey Wing sleeps 14 in 7 bedrooms, with sitting room with open fire, library with open fire and magnificent views, office with a wood-burner, huge kitchen, dining room with seating for 22 and utility/boot room
- Coleridge Wing sleeps 6 in 3 rooms, with beautiful sitting room with dining area
(together making up Greta Hall (GH))
- The Old Wash House sleeping 2
Accommodation is decorated to reflect Cumbria; gentle greys, slate, Herdwick wool, linen and unique commissioned furniture from local designers.
The garden has an amazing play area for children, slate barbecue and fire pit, river, wild woodland, chickens and plenty of seating and tables make the most of the views
Please contact us for a quote.
No Agency Fees. All your dealings are direct with the owners.